Archive for August, 2015
I’m taking a trip to Central America in September, and am resolved to fit everything for two whole weeks into one standard-size carry-on. This means being at peace with the notion that I will wear the same few things over and over. Which is fine: as I’ve stated in the past, I always wear the same things over and over anyway. Given the climate, I’ll be bringing along the kind of superlight cottony clothes that are inevitably all wrinkled by the time I reach my destination and unpack. So I’m bringing along my new Jo Mangiano Go Mini steamer, which is truly quite mini, works just as well as its larger counterpart, and rings in at just under $15, which is hard to beat.
- Just a bunch of pictures of headbangers. (Slate)
- This rundown of the ten best twist endings in movies is rife with spoilers—it would have to be—but quite amusing at the same time. (Flavorwire)
- Mere words can’t convey my excitement over the fact that there might be a Flight of the Conchords movie. (A.V. Club)
- Using your left hand, laughing with your mouth open, and other random things that are considered rude in some parts of the world. (Mental Floss)
- The FDA has approved female Viagra. It will go by the rather random name of “Addyi.” (Jezebel)
For reasons I’m not nearly technology-literate enough to understand, subscribers have not been receiving GOACA in their mailboxes for a couple of weeks. And for that I issue a profuse apology. If you’re reading this, then—yay!—it’s actually fixed and yesterday wasn’t a fluke. Meanwhile, check out the actual blog to see what you missed, why don’t you?
For ages, I have been conducting a highly specific search for a beige-toned t-shirt bra that could conceivably be described as sexy. This has not been a simple quest: beige bras, while indispensable, have an inherent frump factor. Buy how excellent is this little demi wonder?
I know my bustier readers will protest that that bra could only work for the small of cup, so I present you with this, which goes up to an F-cup.
Still not satisfied? Here’s a little number that tops out at GG.
I have a dear friend with a quite fabulous name—Dini von Mueffling—who has had a character on the Sex and the City named after her. And the librarian in The Virgin Suicides too. And here, for the trifecta, is the very pretty Market dress in Dini’s Navy Floral. I do love a dark floral.
- These pictures of Swinging 60s London are so good. (Telegraph)
- Relatedly: I don’t know if any of you share my enthusiasm for silly stock photos, but I hope you do because some of these from the 70s are pretty great. (Dangerous Minds)
- Oh, this is fabulous. (Mental Floss)
- Special for you: possibly the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever linked to. (Mental Floss)
- Well this is good news: Tracy Morgan will host SNL in October. So glad he’s feeling up to it. (A.V. Club)