Saturday 21st January 2017

Prints of the week

co bigelow case

All my cosmetic cases are ratty and ancient, so I’ve been looking for a new one since I’m set to travel soon. But how to choose just one when there’s such an embarrassment of good patterns? Naturally I love this Japanese floral because it’s blue and black—one of my favorite color combos—and the oversized chain purse shape is a cute touch too.

Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 3.46.24 PM

Of course the one I want most is this splurgy number.

nordstrom bag

Black and white ikat with a quick pop of bright is rather fresh.

Posted on August 31st, 2015 11 Comments

1. Becky says:

Hello – can you take a look at the link for the Japanese floral case? Love it – just can’t find it! 🙂

2. Eloise says:

It seems like I am ALWAYS looking for a cosmetic case. I love, love, love the first two but need something much bigger, and of course, I’m not loving the Ikat one. Not that you don’t have zillions of things to do, but can you point me somewhere that may have larger options?

3. kristie says:

Oh, I just bought a great travel toiletry bag this weekend! Are you familiar with the fantastic French luggage company Lipault? (Their Plume line is featherlight and incredible.) I was forever struggling to see down into my other bags — this has the coin-purse style top, so it opens fully into a rectangle, and it’s super spacious! I love their new blue shade. http://www.lipault-us.com/12-toiletry-kit.html

• Eloise says:

Ooooh! Thanks, Kristie! That bag looks perfect (and I’m using this as my bribe to finish work that should have been done last week)!

• kristie says:

It really is amazingly large inside for 12″ bag! It doesn’t shoot very well, as the fabric has an unusual sheen, but in person it’s simple and clean to my eye, especially as a toiletry bag goes. The colors are very rich. And it looks like Zappos has them if you want to see a couple colors in person!

I like the blue one.

5. joannawnyc says:

I think the Stella one is purr-fect for you! (goes to hide in the corner)

6. Mae says:

A side benefit of being a Lancome junky (the main benefit being that I smell divinely of Tresor) is that I always have the latest gift-with-purchase cosmetic bag.

7. liz says:

Love the stella one. I use a quilted marc Jacobs pouch for travel.

8. The Japanese floral is stunning. Love your honesty in admitting yours is ratty. Mine too and you have inspired me to get a new one.
    Accidental Icon