Tuesday 28th March 2017

Hop to it

triangle tank

I know we’re all slogging around in our lightest clothes at the moment, trying to perspire in as ladylike a fashion as we can manage in the blistering heat and humidity and dying for a breeze, any breeze. But Emerson Fry just posted the first half of their fall collection, and it would be remiss of me not to direct you to the goods immediately. Some of the pieces, like this nifty triangle tank, can be worn right away. I love how much this piece reminds me of that time in the early 2000s when I wore almost nothing but asymmetrically-hemmed tops and thought I looked like the shit.

tie up dress

Another good transitional piece: this black dress (which, like so many EF pieces, could not get more timeless and yet manages to read very current too) is calculated to flatter. And there’s an adjustable hem, which you can use to transform it into a little asymmetrical number.

yoshi sweater

An oversized short-sleeved sweater—meant to be worn over a long-sleeved tee—feels very classically EF.

moto frenchie

Coated trouser jeans with a nice matte finish for superior versatility.

Posted on August 26th, 2015 10 Comments

1. Maria says:

I want every single thing you posted. Every single thing.

2. Sharon says:

I am rather Emerson Fry obsessed. I would buy the black adjustable hem dress right this minute if it were not dry clean only. I would wear it far too much to be running it back and forth to the dry cleaner. I’m actually grieving over not being able to buy it. It’s perfect, and it has pockets!!

I looked at the trouser/jeans at the online site (because the photo you posted made me want them) and they look like they have a kind of an odd fit. hummm….

4. The back view of those coated jeans is not doing it for me. Something is so off with waxed sheen and the baggy butt/back thighs.

The rest of your picks are cool.

5. georgine says:

I have LOVED Emerson Fry in the past, but this season, with the weird pant fits and the very over-sized-ness of the tops, is not me. I like the look of the pants, but the fit on the models is bad. I am crossing my fingers for the second half of the season.

Hmm. I’m not getting that dress. To me it looks monastic and/or clerical. I can’t imagine how it could flatter anyone. (Sorry!) The tops are cute though.

In fact, it all reminds me just a bit of that other EF clothing maker. Which is neither good nor bad really, I suppose.

7. Yup. Already earmarked my favorites. I’ll be adding another Emerson knit to my collection, and maybe a pair of pants.

Love it all. Want it all. Living in a dream world if I think I can have it all.