Tuesday 21st November 2017

Summer makeup update

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.02.27 PM

Tribeca Mom raved about this, and at first I was wary because it’s a lot of cash for the tiniest little bottle. But it creates the most natural flush of any cheek tint I’ve ever tried, and you use just the eensiest smudge so it’ll last forever.

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.08.01 PM

Also from Perricone: a super-light, foolproof-even-for-me concealer.

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.11.36 PM

The best match for my skin tone in the history of ever, with a significantly higher SPF than my usual BB Cream.

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.14.55 PM

A waterproof mascara that delivers on volume.

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.17.51 PM

And a waterproof eyeliner that would stay put in a hurricane.

Posted on August 24th, 2015 14 Comments

1. Sharon says:

I won some money in the slot machines in Las Vegas and used my winnings to buy the Perricone no make up make up serum, no blush blush, and no lipstick lipstick. Pricey but worth it. I also love the blush and the make up doesn’t look like I have make up on. I never wear foundation and a natural look is important to me. The lipstick has a bit of a scent at first that I don’t love. It dissipates quickly. I like this whole line very much and I’ll rebuy when I run low.

I’ve been using the Perricone blush for about a year and I love it. Really, really love it. And, yes, you only need a microdot to give your cheeks a fresh, healthy looking glow.

3. nl says:

You are definitely not the first person to say “a little goes a long way, so it will last forever.”
    That used to resonate, and I would happily purchase the (whatever).
    However, now, with articles telling us to throw away our makeup after 6 months or a year to avoid accumulating bacteria, how can you make that concept work?

So, how do you get the waterproof liner off? What does one use?

I may be in the market for liner but I have sensitive eyes, skin, blah blah blah. (As in, I can’t use many Neutrogena sunscreens because the fumes bother my eyes if I put it on my cheeks… which is a bummer.) My last scrimmage with makeup was trying some of that mineral stuff – which felt *fantastic.* And looked good. But it was darned hard to get off. I scrounged around online and people said the secret was to use mineral oil to remove it, which seemed like a long way to have to go, so there it all hit pause. But I probably should try again.

(Also, just as an aside … why would he put SPF in a blush? Wouldn’t that leave a lighter spot on a person’s cheeks? if it actually worked? But I am a non-blush person so what would I know.)

• Viajera says:

Matter of fact, on my to-do list is to try some of that Tarte clay stuff you posted about. I called up the Sephora person and they said I could come in for a sample any time. Got to love that.

5. Anne-Marie says:

That Sephora eyeliner is amazing, no joke. It blows the high end stuff away.

6. Kate says:

I use a Clarisonic with CeraVe cleanser to get all of my make up off. I have a L’Oreal eye make up remover for the mascara and eyeliner that the the Clarisonic didn’t get.

7. Barbara says:

Anyone know what the sunscreen is in the Bobbi Brown BB cream – I love Bobbi but she’s so tightlipped about ingredients, I usually ignore her stuff. I am allergic to chemical sunscreens and can only use zinc or titanium dioxide.

• Viajera says:

The linked page says that cream has treatment ingredients in it, in addition to sunscreen. Maybe call or email them directly? I would think they would have some kind of a mineral based SS. Weird if they didn’t.