Tuesday 23rd May 2017

Top 5 of the week: beach bags

Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 2.30.05 PM

A vinyl bag doesn’t make all the sense in the world for the beach, but the poppy 70s rainbow-bright sunset here is too much of a delight to be ignored.

pink tote

basket shape is so French in a really sweet way, and this one is nicely under $50.

J crew bag

I like how this seems Mexican serape-inspired, but is still quite streamlined. And it’s roomy.

madewell kenya bag

The space dye effect here is pretty cool.

Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 2.52.26 PM

Straw and brown leather = classic and cool.

Posted on June 24th, 2015 8 Comments

1. Mary Alice says:

Sadly, the classic straw bag from ShopBop is sold out. But this J Crew bag is a great substitute

My criteria for beach bags is that they must be unlined, so as to let the sand fall through and not collect in the bottom.

2. EVE says:

great selection

Love all of these.

I tend to pack my beach “stuff” in the bike trailer I have for my dog (she’s small and doesn’t mind sharing her trailer with the odd beach towel or tube of sunblock as long as I remember her and her ball), but I would use any of the bags for a dash to the grocery or farmer’s market.

Thanks for this post, I needed the pickmeup today.

I adore space dye in all its forms. Reminded me of a question you might want to ask readers – what was your favorite outfit when you were little? I bet many of us had an outfit that we wore a lot, probably to our parents’ chagrin.

5. Nicole says:

I have the Madewell bag and I love it! The straps are long enough to use as backpack straps and the bag is nice and roomy. Excellent buy.

I bought a classic French woven basket tote on etsy and it holds everything I want to carry to the beach. Plus, it gets envious stares…always a good sign of ones chicness.

7. joannawnyc says:

Mara Hoffman WINS. I like waterproof bags for the beach. I’ve never had an issue with sand, really.