Tuesday 21st November 2017

Things I want, things I bought

Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 2.25.13 PM

I have been wearing my new skinny army pants so much up here in the mountains that it’s getting a little gross. Even as I type I am wearing them, yet again. They have the best, most flattering silhouette (the back pockets are strategically cut for maximum butt-flattering-ness) and so much stretch—without looking like they do—that they’re as comfortable as leggings. The fact that they’re black adds a nice dose of sophistication.

madewell top

They’d actually look totally adorable with this Mexican embroidered top, which I especially desire.

Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 6.52.02 PM

To finish things off: this nifty clog sandal, in a pale pink that works nicely as a neutral.

Posted on June 22nd, 2015 14 Comments

1. Trisha says:

LOVE those army pants – they remind me of the ones Sanctuary makes but with a less slouchy fit and some stretch! Any thoughts on sizing? Would you recommend ordering usual size? I MUST have these for a trip to Lake Placid later this summer.

• KimFrance says:

I found them to be true to size. And they bag out just a little—sort of the exactly right amount—after you’ve been wearing them for a while.

• y.k. says:

sorry but must go on tangent & vent on bagging out phenomenon- bought hudson jeans recently -perfect fit& by end of day 1 they were certainly a full size larger! they weren’t cheap!

2. Tammy says:

Hey, Kim: Do the Skinny Army trousers run true to size?

3. Laura Jean says:

Gah! I want all of these things, especially the mountains.

4. HollyB says:

These awesone pants are sold out evwry where except in size 25. Very sad face.
    :(((

• Holly says:

and P.S. Thanks for giving me a research project that I did during an incredibly tedious three hour meeting.

• HollyB says:

Two typos — ARGH (awesome and everywhere). Well, I was in a meeting trying to type somewhat surreptitiously. But I do know how to spell.

5. megan says:

I love the color of those clogs and want those pants but just can’t anymore with the uber low rise. after three kids, I could get as skinny as a reed and my belly would still look like a crumpled old envelope 🙁

Cute choices…love the Oaxacan top….and very adaptable if we can’t find the exact pieces. Love that top! (Sold out)

• Tina L. says:

Top not sold out – just ordered it, now down to $125 with extra 30% all sale items on Madewell site!! Yes!

7. emmah says:

Very sad that I can’t find the pants anywhere. They look fabulous!

8. Jessica says:

Kim is there a cheaper dupe for these pants or the crippen ones you posted recently? They are both so good but pricey for sure. Or if you could only get one or the other do you like one of them more? It looks like shopbop restocked the crippen ones