Friday 26th May 2017

New thing I’ll wear to death

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 10.23.41 AM

At first glance, Everlane’s new sneaker-hybrid-y Street Shoes come off a bit wonkishly pointy, but then after you try them on you realize they’re perfect. I shall walk all over creation this summer in these.

Posted on May 14th, 2015 16 Comments

1. StillWannaBeWinona says:

I tried these on a couple of weeks ago when Everlane had a pop-up shop. (Public service announcement: go a half-size up!) They were super light and comfortable, but I wasn’t convinced to spend the $100+. I figured I could buy another pair of slip-on Vans or Keds for much less and be as happy, if slightly less chic.

I’ve been eyeing these, but I was concerned about the pointy-toe so good to know in person that isn’t an issue and good to know as well to size up!

Humm…..

• KimFrance says:

Just FYI: I did not size up.

• StillWannaBeWinona says:

Just adding– interesting to hear Kim (and Tammy below) that you didn’t size up. My true-to-size size technically fit but was very snug; half-size up was way more comfortable. The woman at the pop-up said most customers that day were going up a half-size. No idea how convenient Everlane’s exchange policy is, so just throwing it out there, especially for a summer shoe (thinking about swelling and hot summer feet.)

3. Tammy says:

I bought the black/white woven leather pair and love them. I went with my true size (6) and they fit perfect. Took out of box and started walking … no breaking in required.

You scared me for a minute! Thought you were going to post about … gauchos. Phew.

5. Tammy says:

When I emailed Everlane customer service, the rep told me to get my true size, even though the website says to size up.

6. DelawareDeb says:

I actually like that those Everlane shoes are pointed. It elevates them from the typical rounded toe Van, and I could see the Everlane with the right dress or skirt. The website says the shoe runs narrow so I think if one has a normal width foot then one should indeed go up in size. I need a half size larger shoe if it’s pointed.

7. Cara says:

Have you looked at Van’s slip-ons in black patent leather? Slightly iridescent too. All of $60.00. So comfy and chic.

8. JM says:

I got them — I usually wear 8 to 8.5 (tend to take the 8), but I ordered the 8.5 and they are a little tight but I think they will stretch and be comfortable after a few wears. To me, they are much more stylish with the pointy toe. Wish they had them in plain black!

9. Jenny says:

24 hours after you posted this, the shoes seem to be sold out, at least in my size, in almost every color!

10. laura says:

OK, but what color did you go with?

11. Liz says:

What I really, really want, though, is those shorts!