Wednesday 20th September 2017

The crazy cutest

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 9.45.48 AM

Sometimes when I see an item that makes no practical sense in my wardrobe—but is so positively loopy in its adorability that I feel it must be mine—simply posting about it turns out to be enough to scratch the itch. The jury’s still out on whether or not that’s going to work in the case of these fantabulous clog sandals from Sophia Webster.

Posted on April 29th, 2015 25 Comments

1. Jenny says:

I’m waiting for the knock off — which I’m sure Dolce Vita or Steve Madden or Zara is working on right this minute.

2. Tammy says:

Those shoes call for this circumstance; buy pair for the challenge of finding the perfect outfit to showcase the shoes.

3. Lyn says:

Love love love these.

4. Frances says:

Amazing. I’ve been looking for the perfect comfortable, bright shoes for the spring/summer. These are beyond my budget…but they may be worth the splurge. Please, please, please do share any knock offs!

5. Heather says:

Just bought them. Will report back after they arrive.

6. Anne-Marie says:

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Get them. Yes. Wear with white, light gray, or light khaki skirt/dress/pants.

I thought they looked great paired with the white outfit shown. I can’t imagine being able to pull them off white outfit or no being in my dotage and worrying I’d look like a Miami-lady-of-assisted-living-age trying to look younger i.e. Miami-lady-just-retired. And I do wonder about the patent leather––no give which can be an issue in the summer if feet perspire. (Egad, I sound like such an effin’ killjoy.)

They are adorable!!!!!! Love them!!!!!!

• Viajera says:

First off, I should say, I’ve never been to Miami, or to any part of Florida. (I dream of cool weather vacations, not hot ones.)

Having said that… in terms of style, I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss it. At least, not little bits of it. And I don’t think age should come into it. Age maybe has to do with how much skin we show at one time. But I say, that’s as far as it goes. If those shoes call to you, you should wear them. Leatherlook pants, whatever. (Long as they fit.) Frankly, I see lots of senior age women who dress better than me (admittedly, not hard to do these days, I am booooring).

8. Elisa says:

I like the Sven clogs, but the pair I ordered last year don’t have enough cushioning (rubber part) and my (already not great) knees hurt if I walk too much in them. I found a very cushy pair of clogs by Troentorp on Shoebuy, but no sandals at all, I think, and certainly not cute and two-tone.

9. Elisa says:

I take that back–they do have sandals, but not nearly as cute. http://www.shoebuy.com/troentorp-bastad-clogs-anna-original/609069

10. Dana D says:

I don’t have 400.00 for sandals that I won’t like next year…

What I do admire about your taste is that you add color to basic black. I can’t do it, but I truly respect women who can and do…

11. Rae says:

Small feet? Check out the girls clogs from Hanna Andersson:
    These are really similar to the Sophia Websters and they are currently on sale for less than $50. I wear a Women’s size 6 and I have these in size 35. They are fantastically comfortable and as well made as my No.6 clogs but for a fraction of the price!

12. Mimi says:

I don’t get it. Must admit I’m not a clog lover, and I think these are not cute, pretty, fun, or chic. Not. I do love cute sneakers and all kinds of sandals, including flatforms and the Teva-like clunky ones, but the appeal of these completely eludes me. So if you’re one of the commenters who can’t spend what these cost, take heart in knowing there’s someone out there who would think they were ugly if you wore them.

13. Jenny says:

Per earlier comment recommending Troentorps, Hanna Andersson women’s has Troentorp sandal in multi-metallic in some sizes, plus 15% off for new customers with SUMMER15 code.

14. AmyM says:

Love! Along with the price keeping me away, they would clash with my always-red summer pedi.

15. Heather says:

These are cute, but I need shoes that bend when I walk.

16. Heather says:

I got them yesterday. Too small–they’re going back.

17. Rash says:

They are so cute I can’t stand it. But as someone else said, I’m not sure I’d wear these next year, especially with the pink and yellow mix. I have a similar pair in brown that works with my wardrobe.

Crazy/cute! Not for me, but I do get the appeal.

19. Adrien says:

Oh man, those are crazy good. I will sit here patiently waiting for the knockoff version. *taps fingers*

20. joni maloney says:

I had a pair just like them in 1973 except they were bright green – Oh how I loved them –