Sunday 23rd July 2017

It’s always something

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 10.07.15 AM

As it turns out, my assessment the other day that I was coming down with either a cold or the flu was wildly optimistic: actually I have pneumonia, and a pretty impressive case of it. The doctor says I ought to be feeling a whole lot more like myself in a week, so that’s when I’ll resume posting on the regular. Until then, here is some delightfully loud spring outerwear, just for kicks. This long coat from Rodebejer is actually quite elegant for something with such a bold pattern, and the right length to wear with dresses, which so few coats are.

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 10.14.57 AM

poncho that is both straightforwardly pretty and full-on crazypants—which is a pretty neat trick.

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 10.17.33 AM

A bold print rendered on a very classic shape is always a winner in my book.

canvas jacket

Like a Barbour jacket gone tropical.

Posted on March 19th, 2015 25 Comments

1. Ann says:

Feel better soon.

2. Larissa says:

feel better!

3. Adrien says:

Take care! I hope you feel better soon, poor thing.

4. Teresa says:

Yikes! Pneumonia! Feel better soon. Rest, rest, rest.

5. Tucson Diva says:

Poor dear! My go-to for feeling better is a hot bath with these: http://www.taraspa.com/index.cfm/bath_salts_immune_booster_67.htm

And of course lots of liquids, books (the latest Maisie Dobbs has just come out!), and I’m coming to believe that Vietnamese chicken pho actually has even better curative properties that my mother-in-law’s mother’s mother’s kosher chicken soup. I think it’s the jalapeño and fresh basil that kick it up.

We miss you!!

6. Lisa says:

Oh no! Get well soon! I agree, lots of pho!

7. Mary Alice says:

Get better soon! I’ve had pneumonia, and it wipes you out. Lots of rest and chicken soup. Don’t push yourself….take your time to get well.

8. caroline says:

Wow! So sorry to hear that.Get well soon!
    Spring is just around the corner

9. Laura says:

try to rest and
    get well soon!

10. Carrie says:

Such a drag to be so sick – hope you feel better soon! Thanks for leaving us with some crazypants prints, my favorite.

11. Becky says:

I had the exact same thing at the beginning of the year–it really wipes you out! Make sure you have someone to wait on you while you rest and recover. I totally agree with the pho suggestion. And lots of mindless Netflix. Feel better soon!

12. pat says:

I have it too – 10 days on two antibiotics, it’s been two weeks since I completed all meds and I still am not recovered. Take it very easy!

So sorry to hear this. Do hope you feel better soon.

Yes, I ditto all these — feel better soon!!!

Also, even if you weren’t illing, this is a pretty great post. I love all of them except the last one, and who knows, maybe it will grow on me. The top pic is my fave.

15. Dede says:

Oh, eff pneumonia! You should get that Rodebjer coat just so you can wrap yourself up in it and watch some trashy TV while laying on the couch. I know that’d make me feel a lot better. 😉

16. Rosie says:

OMG, pneumonia is awful.
    Yes to trashy tv, and taking it easy. Pho sounds so much more classy than cheap ramen, but that is always what I want when I am sick.
    I hope you feel better.

Been there, done that. Pneumonia is no fun, and be prepared, Kim: It takes a while to get your energy level back. Rest is the best thing for recovery. And push fluids, as my doc always tells me!

Love, love, love the Rodebejer coat! Now, go rest!

18. Elle says:

Feel better soon, Kim! While you recuperate, I’ll take this week to eat pho in your honour and plan the bank robberies necessary to purchase those first two amazing prints!

19. Jennifer says:

I have been there. Ditto to all of the above. Rest. Really! And be kind to yourself because it takes a bit to fully recover.

Your blog rules, BTW.

20. y.k. says:

cannot believe you got a post up- 2! in your condition. thank you.
    on the subject of long outer wear, someone once said i looked like Maude because I like long sweater coats & scarves. there are certainly far worse names to be called & i can’t deny I’m a loud mouthed liberal but since then I’ve been trying to cut back.

21. Dana D says:

Wishing you a speedy return to health…

22. Get well soon, Kim.

23. Judy says:

Hope you’re starting to feel a bit better!

24. AmyM says:

Glad you got to the doctor for a correct diagnosis quickly. Do everything exactly as prescribed and listen to your body — when it says rest, do it. I hope you start feeling much better soon.

25. Trish says:

Wishing you a restful and speedy recovery, Kim! Very sweet of you to think of us with this spring coats post…now go bundle up and watch some therapeutic Netflix. 🙂