Sunday 24th September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

Tuesday trifecta

citizens of humanity

Sorry about the lightness of posts over the past few days; I’m coming down with the cold/flu I was so smug about not contracting all winter, and it’s leaving me brain-clogged and weak as a wee kitten. I have managed to pull together this post on cute little denim skirts, though: all of these appeal because they are just a little bit unpredictable. I dig the clean, front-zipperless look of this one from Citizens of Humanity.

Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 4.53.03 PM

The A-line skirt is such a universally flattering silhouette that I can never figure out why more designers don’t exploit the shape more frequently. Here’s one from Acne Studios that’s very nearly perfect.

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 10.17.11 AM

I was obsessed with finding a wrap skirt version and had no luck at all until Emerson Fry released the second part of their spring collection yesterday and I spotted this cute little number.

Posted on March 17th, 2015 17 Comments

So sorry you are under the weather. Sometimes the juice of half a lemon in hot water two or three times a day helps. Hope you feel better soon!

Love the Citizens of Humanity and the Emerson Fry is PERFECT.

• y.k. says:

yes lemon! & fresh grated ginger added to hot water &lemon is good for blasting out all the funk!

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

From a former WI GOACA, we love our brandy…add a little to the hot water and lemon. At least you’ll sleep!
        Everything Emerson Fry this Spring!

2. Judy says:

Ooh I think I may have to get that Citizens of Humanity. My old Earnest Sewn pencil skirt is a bit too big on me now. How does their sizing run, does anyone know? (I bought the coated black denim skirt by Current Elliott that Kim recommended a while back in a size 28 and it fits well.)

• Julie says:

Judy – I bought the CoH skirt recently and find it runs true to size; I just chose my regular jean size and it’s a great fit with a super flattering shape!

• Judy says:

thanks, Julie! My trouble is that I lost weight recently and don’t really know my regular size anymore, don’t actually have a current pair of jeans, just denim skirts. But Nordstrom is good about returns. I am glad to hear that it is flattering!

3. Judy says:

And feel better, Kim!

Feel better soon, Kim!!!

5. AmyM says:

Kim, please take very good care of yourself and get to the doctor if you’re not feeling significantly better in a few more days. I ended up hospitalized with pneumonia at the end of January and still not back to 100%.

6. Mae says:

If you could see me in an A-line skirt, you’d laugh so hard you’d pee your pants. I look like Olive Oyl.

7. Elaine says:

Hope you are feeling well soon Kim!
    Love the Acne skirt.
    Skirt and sandals weather is just around the corner….

8. Accidental Icon says:

The three skirts and the different shapes of them are really great, I especially like the Emerson Fry one and plan to check out the rest of the selection. I like to find denim pieces that are unusual and so my denim skirt find was a wrap skirt by Issey Miyake. It has a bit of a longer length and of course some origami inspired elements.

Accidental Icon

9. Zaida says:

Feel better Kim!

On topic though, I must note.. As a 24-year-old, I think a jean skirt is possibly THE MOST aging piece of clothing someone can wear. Sorry.

10. Heather says:

Oh come on, how could a denim skirt be aging? Whenever I wear my Current Elliot ones work, all the 24-year-olds ask me where I got it.

• Zaida says:

Maybe it’s a European thing? Over here medium length denim skirts are only worn by conservative christian ladies and matronly dames?
      But as always, you do you ladies 🙂

11. jenny1963 says:

So sorry you’re sick, Kim! What you need is some delicious homemade chicken broth. Have a friend bring some over. Feel better soon!