Archive for January, 2015
Lace gets almost edgy when cast in metal.
There’s something very tough-chick minimal about this superheroine-style option.
- How could I possibly resist this story about Soviet space dogs? (Collector’s Weekly)
- Post-blizzard cooking with the random stuff in your cupboard. (Grub Street)
- A town in Alaska where all 300 residents live in the same building (Laughing Squid)
- The man who was president of the United States for one day. (Mental Floss)
- Genius. (Time)
And here’s a super-subtle colorblock take on that great obsession of mine, the Clare Vivier duffel bag.
I totally need a new pair of big long tall walkable boots, and these are so perfect and elegant and excellently unadorned.
- This slideshow of 50 great literary moments on TV is nothing short of high-low heaven. (Flavorwire)
- On the heels of the announcement that it is ceasing publication: a rundown of the Skymall catalogue’s 12 weirdest products. (Time)
- Of course the Batkid story is being turned into a movie. (A.V. Club)
- Can not wait. (Vulture)
- And finally, apropos of what’s going on outside of many of your windows: photos of NYC after the famous blizzard of 1888. (Mental Floss)
I love a really good snowstorm; there are few things quite so awesome as watching Mother Nature bring even this most frenetic of cities to a screeching halt. Still, this one looks like it might skew scary and dangerous, and so I’m sending my thoughts to all of you in its path. Stay safe, indoors—70mph winds, people!—and dry. It is precisely for days like this that those evil geniuses at Amazon invented Instant Video. Meanwhile, I have done my version of storm preparedness: checked the flashlight, water, and candle supplies, and had a truly epic top-of-the-morning visit to the local Whole Foods for provisions (my necessities, you might be surprised to note, are simple and few: I greet any excuse to live off of PB & J for a few days as the stuff of dreams).
Meanwhile, does my Sammy look like a handsome devil or what in his new Barbour coat?
A preppier take on chambray.
Coolest workout leggings ever.
A bag to fit bigger-than-itsy dogs.
My newest Waylande Gregory obsession.