Archive for December, 2014
If this happy yellow pattern came in wallpaper, I’m a little afraid of what I might do.
First: what I bought, starting with this streamlined, slightly asymmetrical, altogether fantastic grandpa cardigan. It is so out of my playbook—and works equally well for lounging about as it does out in the world.
R-13’s tees are not cheap even on sale, but I love the enduringly punk rock spirit of a black-and-white stripe, and a good one is not the easiest thing to find. (And OK, I also bought the short-sleeve version—which has wider stripes, is 10% cashmere, and is also on sale. They look super-cute layered.)
This Isabel Marant blazer is only one of the most perfect reds I have ever seen.
I’ve been a fan of Proenza Schouler’s Fall collection; in particular their Baja print, which has appeared on dresses, jackets, and multiple bags—all of the wicked expensive variety. I could justify this little clutch though. (FYI—I’ve seen a lot of Proenza bags on sale this season, and as far as I can tell, the prices are best on the Proenza site. They’re still serious investments, but pretty ones).
- A glimpse into the world of lady arm wrestling. (Slate)
- I found this rundown of the 50 best places to work in America pretty interesting. (Time)
- Not unrelatedly, Abercrombie CEO and infamous mean boss has suddenly and abruptly “retired,” causing the company’s stock to shoot up. (Jezebel)
- Bob Dylan is recording an album of Sinatra songs. (A.V. Club)
- Just a dog being awesome. (Laughing Squid)
- The tree goats of Morocco are here to make your morning.
- Burt Reynolds is auctioning off some of his personal possessions, and the result is a kitsch explosion. (Headline NSFW-ish, Dangerous Minds)
- Possibly you have not yet seen the footage of the little girl who started a dance party on the L train platform? (Time)
- Gap’s “Dress Normal” campaign was a bust. (Business Insider)
- How your first name can give away your age. (Five Thirty Eight)
But I also quite love the idea of this everything-goes grab bag.
And this sturdy cutting board is just so cool.