Thursday 19th October 2017

Top 5 of the day: big old huggy sweaters

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 4.21.40 PM

Let’s start right off with this little mohair beauty from Maria Cornejo, which it’s possible I purchased over the weekend.

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.32.45 PM

Red and black adds a little edge to the ethnic vibe here.

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.33.49 PM

It’s all about the cool interplay between the the silver lapel—which looks painted on—and the grey here.

Rag & Bone leopard

I like how the (excellent) grey leopard print takes up the top part of the sweater and then fades out. Almost, just a tiny bit like a Fair Isle.

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.39.54 PM

And here’s the one you’ll throw on every day.

Posted on November 4th, 2014 12 Comments

1. y.k. says:

the silver lapel one also has anice back view.

2. Dappadaph says:

I love sweaters especially my favs by Eileen Fisher. They are great for women of a certain age who need to dress in layers because you never know what the temps in the office will be.

3. ew says:

OT –
    in my heart lies a 12 year old boy, everytime I see “Maria Cornejo”, I read it as “Maria Cornhole”

lovely sweater though

4. Kate says:

I love that Madewell sweater. Living in Wisconsin and working in a drafty, weirdly heated public library, I feel like 50% of my wardrobe is big old huggy sweaters. It makes me really happy that there are so many great, interesting ones available this year.

5. Beth says:

How about a cashmere version?

• Calypso St. Barth has a 100% cashmere sweater line. I see 3 cocoon cardigan styles online: Uma (hits at the lower hip) and a stripe and solid version of a longer (knee length) cocoon cardigan with pockets. There’s more cardigan styles if cocoon is not your thing.

I’m really digging the striped cocoon cardigan.

6. Tammy says:

I second the cashmere version. I live in Wisconsin, too, and love sweaters in many varieties.

This is becoming “Wisconsin Old-home week”! I was raised there and lived in the nether regions of Minong, where we once had an actual temperature of -51 degrees.I will always be a sweater girl, even though as a GOACA, I’m now constantly warm enough to live through a Long Island winter in a tank top. But I love all of ’em.

8. Love the blue mohair sweater, it looks so kitten soft. I’m now contemplating the purchase of the Madewell cardi.

9. Fiona says:

I’ve only just clicked that ‘sweater’ is American for ‘cardigan’ (to me, a sweater is a jumper is a pullover is a jersey). Makes so much more sense now!

10. May says:

lovely sweater though!I love sweaters especially my favs by Eileen Fisher.