Tuesday 21st November 2017

Wednesday Trifecta: blue camo

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 10.42.30 AM

Sometimes—when I’m totally tempted to buy something but know I really shouldn’t— I’ll post it here, just to get it out of my system.  This Emerson Fry anorak has been haunting my dreams for weeks: now I hand it off to you. No backs.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 10.54.40 AM

This is pretty cute too, though, and costs half as much.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 10.55.53 AM

And here’s one that’s cheaper still.

Posted on October 29th, 2014 9 Comments

1. Rebecca says:

La La La La La …..not looking….too much awesome….spent my money on Nike Sneakerbooties…aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh…..

2. Tammy says:

Gap makes pretty decent quality puffer coats, though the camo one here is too short, in my opinion. The Emerson Fry piece is perfect.

3. y.k. says:

hmmm. there’s something i haven’t coveted before…

4. Mimi says:

You understand the phenomenon of the one that got away, don’t you? Well, in their Fall 2004 runway collection, Prada showed a few short puffers in subtle, interesting prints with skirts, a new idea back then. So much time has passed that I thought I was finally over their amazing blue jacket. But believe it or not, the little Gap number is ringing those chimes again for me. I live in a Rocky Mountain ski resort town, so my closet runneth over with parkas. But the temptation to (pardon my mixed metaphors) scratch a 10-year old itch is strong. Thanx for always showing us great stuff at a variety of price points.

5. E says:

They all look a bit cheapo, I would not think that came from the beauty that is Emerson Fry if I passed it on the street. Forever 21 maybe.
    Send me the 970 and I will hold it for you for the next thing that keeps you up at night.
    Best,
    E

6. Turner says:

Wow I love that second one!

7. Mae says:

I have been planning to retire for, oh, the past 3 years, but I keep seeing $500 parkas and whatnot that I love. Sigh.

8. Andrea says:

I actually own that Emerson Fry, I’m afraid – it’s my version of your Marant leather jacket splurge. It’s tough and beautifully made, has a little sheen to the fabric so it’s fancy camo, and it makes me happy every time I put it on. If it gets me through another winter like our last in NYC it will be worth every penny!