Tuesday 21st November 2017

I love a duffel coat

classic barbour duffel

So many different ways to go with this one: you can choose something utterly classic, like so.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 10.53.32 AM

Or make your duffel coat your puffer.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 1.56.22 PM

Or go with that whole pastel thing that’s so happening this season.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 4.53.54 PM

Like everything, a duffel gets a little more sophisticated in grey, and I like the houndstooth moment on the pockets, too.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 4.57.20 PM

Oh, I’m totally serious.

Posted on October 28th, 2014 12 Comments

1. Tammy says:

The faux-fur coat is the best of the bunch. Kind of reminds me of your pink Isabel Marant jacket.

2. Caroline says:

May not ooze class like the Barbour…
    But omg do I love that fun fur one!

3. Lori says:

The Barbour is perfection!

4. kirstjen says:

I like the fur one best, too!

5. a.d.s. says:

Love the selection. Although I’m more of a pea coat person myself, I would wear any one of those. Kim, can you also do a post at some point on rings, like your fab gold ones?

6. Turner says:

If that pink one had black toggles instead of brown I would totally buy it (so yeah, I’m kinda glad it doesn’t…) Not sure about that furry one though.

I’m a classic girl, with a touch of fairy tale thrown in, so make my duffle like “Little Red Riding Hood’s”!

8. Grenadine says:

Love the Barbour too…I’m always torn between black and navy for these classic style coats (like the peacoat for instance, which has a similar classic vibe to this). Anybody have any thoughts on which is better for a wear-all-the-time staple piece? (The pastels are cute too but kinda scate me, and I need something more versatile right now!)

9. troisverres says:

Liked the fur one so much I went to try it on instore – and found it was £30 off (at Warehouse, not Selfridges). BARGAIN. Now just steeling myself for the inevitable ‘baaa’ comments, but I don’t care! It’s too great.

10. mslewis says:

I really love that faux fur one. It’s classic but so much more. I’m not feeling the pastel look on anything this year. Not everybody looks good in pastels.

11. Amy says:

I own the Barbour coat and wouldn’t recommend it. There is no vent in the back, so when you sit down, so much stress is put on the seams that the zipper will partially rip out. This happened after I wore the coat a few times. I didn’t figure out what the problem was until I returned it to Barbour and they replaced it with the same coat. Now I have to hike it up when I sit down to avoid that happening again, or wear it with the toggles fastened and not the zipper. For $500 it’s a disappointment.