Archive for August, 2014
- This woman made bento lunches for her children representing all 47 of Japan’s prefectures, and they are genius. (Laughing Squid)
- A fun little slideshow depicting 48 reasons why it’s a great time to be a woman on television. (Vanity Fair)
- Tips for enjoying that epic Simpsons marathon—they’re airing every one of the program’s over 550-episodes— going on right now on FXX. (Vulture)
- And while we’re at it: a rundown of the best guest stars ever to lend their voices to the show. (Time)
- I have said this forever. (The Science of Us)
Some of the best Liberty prints are just a little bit trippy.
Preppy little tabletop items depicting jungle animals fill me with delight. I can not tell you why.
I am so thoroughly charmed by this cocktail tumbler, with its creatures all in a row. Very Scully & Scully: the affordable version.
And I’m not going to lie; I love all the gold.
Isn’t this platter by Waylande Gregory actually rather punk rock? I would like very much to own it.
I spent half the summer searching for the right denim skirt, and finally settled on one that fit my specs (A-line; no-nonsense wash; knee-length hem) even though I wasn’t exactly electrified by it. This is the one I should have held out for, and would have, had I only known it was coming down the pike: the long, slim—but not too slim— silhouette is retro without being obviously so, and kind of sexy too, in an unexpected way. Truly a textbook wear-it-now-wear-it-later weekend piece too: perfect with sandals right this second, and with boots come fall.
A coated denim skirt is the perfect way to get a leather-type vibe without having to fork over too much cash.
This super-clean black stretch denim skirt with nifty side zipper detail is so very office-worthy.
A simple, unadorned, and delightfully under $100 option.
The slit’s on the daring side, but the rest of this A-line skirt plays things so straight that it doesn’t come off as too much.
- Rather stunning photos of fireworks. (New Yorker)
- Now this is the kind of lady I like to see on the cover of Sports Illustrated. (Jezebel)
- Genius comeback of the day. (Slate)
- The Foo Fighters just raised the bar on this whole ALS ice bucket challenge business with a pretty clever Carrie tribute. (Time)
- I think any one of us could have told the NFL in advance just exactly how well their suggestion that artists pay to perform at the Superbowl was going to go over. (Atlantic Wire)
I am neither a fan of the loafer, nor that which is conspicuously designer-branded; my style only just ever-so-slightly skews preppy. And yet I crave myself a pair of Gucci horsebit loafers something fierce. And you?