Thursday 27th April 2017

Pretty flowy things

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 9.52.08 AM

It’s the last week of summer, and I’ve got sweet bohemian tops on my mind. This blue and black option is sophisticated enough to wear under a blazer.

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 9.48.54 AM

So expensive, but so perfect. (Here’s something similar for less.)

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 10.55.55 AM

An authentic Mexican blouse in graphic black and white.

Posted on August 25th, 2014 7 Comments

1. Beans says:

The red and white one in the middle reminds me of the Romanian peasant blouse worn by Karen Allen as Marion during the Cairo chase scene in “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” I don’t think that’s a negative either because I think we can clearly call this style a classic. I totally wanted one at the time but couldn’t find one and now I totally want one again. Here is an example of her wearing it in the film so you can decide if you agree with me. http://www.thriftyfashionista.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/raiders-of-the-lost-ark-28-harrison-ford-karen-allen-marion-ravenwood.jpg

2. Tucson Diva says:

OK, so one of my favorite Fug Girl concepts is the “polterwang” (like poltergeist but, well, you get it). The first picture with the leather or pleather pants is totally rocking the polterwang — hard to focus on the top.

Just sayin’ ….

3. kate says:

Oh, Nili…always so pretty, always so out of my price range.

4. y.k. says:

yes, nili gets it exactly right.
    when you said karen allen in raiders- my mind immediately pulled up a visual memory of that shirt.

I’ve loved these tops ever since I was in Jr. High, and that was a hell of a long time ago. There was a catalog that my mom used to let me order my hippie tops from, and I think that’s where the “thrill of the chase” all began for me.
    Every time I drive past Nili Lotan’s boutique in East Hampton, I just sigh and say, “Perfect, perfect…”

6. Eloise says:

Here is a slight different (and cheaper) take on the “Raiders of the Lost Ark” shirt. http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-sept-preshop/4110238544524.jsp#/