Tuesday 28th March 2017

What I’m craving for fall: Part I of a (possibly lengthy) series

Menswear-inspired boots that are on the slicker side of things, so you don’t feel like a guy when you put them on.

boots3

1. Pedro Garcia; 2. See by Chloe; 3. Acne; 4. Pedro Garcia 5. Pierre Hardy 6. Zara 7. J. Crew 8. Massimo Dutti

Posted on August 22nd, 2014 21 Comments

1. jacqueline says:

Ahh! All of my favorite bloggers are starting to talk about fall this week. I’m going to bury my head in the sand (at the beach), and pretend I never saw this.

But yes, yes, yes to boot number 4 by Pedro Garcia.

2. viajera says:

You’re killing me, Kim. Love love love the Pedro Garcia swede boots (no. 1). Also many of the others (3,4, 8). Acne doesn’t make my size (hold the phone — even my feet are too big??? hahaha, ‘s okay since I don’t have the cash…)

Maybe those boots can be my NotMe’s, since I don’t wear suede as it gets so beat up if you drive in it. Anything suede-ish with a platform gets my little heart pitterpattering.

3. Kate says:

There is nothing I want more for fall than a short boot/bootie AND the ability to pull them off. I have big feet that carry around a buxom figure, and I just can’t get the proportions correct. And then I wonder if I should even care about proportions and just make my fashion soul happy.

4. Tammy says:

Terrific selection. The Acne pair are my favorite.

5. joannawnyc says:

Love the Acne, wish I could afford them! And I have craved the JCrews for a few years now, maybe I should just pull the trigger.

6. kendall says:

I got a #3-ish pair 2 years ago and I wear them ALL THE TIME. Not quite ready to give up my Salt Water Sandals just yet but when I do, I’m going straight for those.

7. Grenadine says:

I love fall fashion posts – I have realized that flat, more masculine-style boots, especially if they are lace-ups, really look funny on me, they cut my legs off in a way that makes me look stocky and, well, just not flattering. I definitely need a bit of heel (though as low as possible as I HATE high heels!). For some reason this bit of height with the ankle-style boots makes a huge difference in how my body looks overall, not sure why! I would love to find the perfect pair of comfy, low-heeled ankle boots, maybe moto-style, but classic nonetheless, no suede (too fussy to care for). LOVE Frye’s classic engineer boots but for some reason I find Frye boots generally UNBEARABLE from a comfort standpoint. Great post!

8. caroline says:

Ok. No.2. Is killing me..
    So good! The heart is willing but the budget says no.
    Sigh……

9. Colleen says:

Love many of these, especially #8. I really love a Chelsea boot………and I would like one of pretty much everything on the Massimo Dutti site!

10. Nice choices. I’ve been dragging ass on a pair of Chelsea boots like #8 for years. This season might be the season that I actually buy a pair.

11. I bought the #7’s on clearance from j.crew, love them although they are not the most comfortable if you’re walking for miles. Love the #4’s, they remind me of my beloved Stuart Weitzman pair I bought years ago. I just bought my first pair of Pedro Garcia shoes from the recent nordstrom anniversary sale, I hope they live up to the “comfortable shoe” hype.

12. Ruth says:

Oh yes, #3 for sure.

13. Jen says:

I’ve been dying for those Acne boots since they showed up on the Steven Alan site..but $650 is a little more than I want to spend. I do really like those Zara boots–they also have a similar style in loafers that look like (slightly) refined Doc Martens. But unsure about getting Zara shoes–anyone else have feedback on their quality?

• Tammy says:

I bought a pair of Zara boots last year — pointy toe, black short boots with a buckle. Haven’t worn them a ton yet but quality seems to be pretty good.

14. Susan says:

I have #7. Buy them immediately. So comfy, wearable, and walkable.

15. AmyM says:

#s 1, 2, 3 and 8, please.

16. Lisa says:

I’ve seen a lot of short laceup boots around SF lately:).

#2 draws me in, but the realist in me says #7 is what I’d really wear. I think I need to have more fun.