Friday 28th July 2017

Everywhere you look: bucket bags

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 3.52.16 PM

I love bucket bags—they are `70s in the best, most classic Shelly-Hack-in-a-Charlie-Ad kind of way, and whenever they become a thing again, as they seem to every five years or so, I always find myself wanting one. This version is big enough for laptop-lugging, which is nice.

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 3.53.43 PM

And I love the tassel and front zip details here.

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 5.03.25 PM

This cotton woven number doubles as a backpack.

zara faux croc

The embossed leather here looks like super-luxe croc.

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 4.45.30 PM

And finally: a wicked cute beachy option.

Posted on August 12th, 2014 7 Comments

1. Lori says:

Love the Sophie Anderson!!

2. Sara B says:

Can we have a cute but not crazy combat boot roundup next? I love these but can’t manage them at that price. I need your help and refined-edgy taste.

I have a two-seasons ago silver cole-hann bucket bag that I LOVE. Not too big yet holds all I need, one strap so it stays on my shoulder AND it has that lovely flat bottom so it “stands up” when you put it down.

4. ramonaquimby says:

Dying for one for the fall. Dream one is YSL’s, but since that was waaay out of my price range I snagged a Mansur Gavriel that seems to be sold out everywhere. In person the bag was a huge disappointment in terms of quality (apparently the brand has had some issues) so back it went and the hunt continues…

5. I am glad the stylish bucket bag is back. I remember it was easier to find your things inside than in a big tote…
    Have you seen the Mansur Gavriel?? LOVE!
    x Nina

A good bucket bag gets me every time! I’m going to swipe my mom’s bamboo handled, light tan one from the 50’s next time I’m home for a visit. I also have a vintage Coach bucket in navy from decades ago that a friend thrifted for me.

7. Ruth says:

Love the look but I can never FIND anything in a bucket bag! Makes me crazy.