Thursday 14th December 2017

In the pink

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 8.10.16 PM

It all started with this salmon-hued Isabel Marant jacket, about which I could not stop thinking this weekend. The silhouette is fantastic—feminine but just short of lady, and not too cropped, which is my main complaint with jackets today. But the real draw is that amazing salmon pink hue. It’s such a sophisticated take on a shade that can look anything but, and I love the idea of my everyday, throw-it-on-and-go jacket being a color other than black.

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 10.19.30 PM

More rosy goodness: These baby-pink sunglasses are an instant good mood.

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 10.33.06 PM

The super-light cream-pink of these jeans almost reads as neutral as khaki—I’d go up a size and wear them boyfriend-style, with a crisp white blouse or tee.

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 10.00.46 PM

Exactly the mid-point between bubble-gum and hot pink, and suddenly, exactly the color I want on my toes.

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 10.11.04 PM

The iPhone case I would totally be buying had I not just bought a new iPhone case.

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 11.15.38 AM

Posted on July 28th, 2014 17 Comments

1. joannawnyc says:

LOVE a good nude trouser. There are not enough of these in the world, in my opinion.

Egad, I want everything on the Heist web site! I LOVE the jeans shown with the Isabel Marant jacket waaaay too much and I love the cut of the jacket, but can’t wear that color. Today’s selections are in the pink. (sorry)

3. kate says:

Yes, embrace color, love pink, etc. But can you post of photo of someone wearing the jacket? (Preferably yourself!) To me, it says “muppet.”

• y.k. says:

same here, i don’t understand the neckline , need to see it open.
      i love the jeans.
      love’s baby soft. those 3 words conjure up a whole summer.
      thanks kimfrance.

4. Jen says:

I bought a pair of J. Crew Andie chinos in dusty quartz (they only have size 16 left online now) and they’re also a great almost-neutral shade.

I remember when I owned EVERY thing by Love’s Baby Soft–the powder, the lotion, the mini-roller perfume, after bath spray…such a great throwback memory.

5. AmyM says:

This post instantly made me happy. I wear pink now and then and always receive compliments when I do. I think I need to up the rotation.

Other than the toenails and the phone case, these just strike me as “girl” minus the “of a certain age.” Sorry, not my schtick.

7. DelawareDeb says:

Love the idea of a sophisticated pink jacket, Kim, but that Isabel Marant one screams chenille bed jacket (to me).

8. tamara says:

i’ve got a pair of jeans that color and love them…very cool styled with tough black boots and sweater for fall…

9. Yes! Love light pink pants. As chinos, jeans, or trousers.. doesn’t matter. A different neutral.

10. Dianne says:

So not my color!

11. Tucson Diva says:

Just ordered a pair of the sunglasses. So cute! I’m 52 and have had graying hair since I was 30 so have been coloring it. It is now pure white which requires coloring every 3 weeks (!) and now occupies the largest part of my budget. I’ve been fighting with my hairdresser about how to let it go white, and he just started out with streaking it blond blond which mixes with the white, and gradually the two will meld.

Issue is color around my face, so the pink glasses will be perfect.

Yay!

• Heather says:

Your hair sounds so pretty! My aunt had the most beautiful white hair starting when she was in her 40s – she always looked so elegant. I can’t quite go there (yet!) but you’re an inspiration.

12. Suz says:

Awww Love Baby soft will always make me smile. My first perfume (after the solid Avon pin stuff – which was horrid and was more weaponized than worn)

13. Heather says:

I’ve been using an Essie color called All Tied Up on my toes this summer – it’s a pretty coral-pink (feminine but not too girly) with the slightest hint of shimmer.

14. Lynn in DC says:

I hear Donovan’s “Wear Your Love Like Heaven” in my head whenever I see any of the Love products (Baby Soft, Fresh Lemon, Musk, etc). I actually bought a bottle of Baby Soft today, spritzed it on and felt as though it were 1973 again and I was wearing jeans and Earth shoes. LOL