Tuesday 25th April 2017

Need least, want most of the week

Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 11.21.01 AM

These studded clogs make every pair held together with workaday staples look like the same old same old. Oh Isabel Marant: how you madden with your lunatic prices and then slay me with your spot-on details.

Posted on April 30th, 2014 29 Comments

1. Claire says:

Oh they are perfect. Thank you for sharing your perfect eye.

2. Julie says:

For ONCE I am one step ahead! Coveted them yesterday in natural (pale dead white legs).

3. y.k. says:

O! Now my danskos look deficient! That isabel…

Ha! They don’t come in my size so I don’t have to long for them wistfully!

5. Tracy says:

I had clogs in high school from the Swedish Clog Shop that had nails around the edges. I’ve been tempted by clogs since but could never get past the staples…

6. Lori says:

She’s got a special knack for taking something ordinary, tweaking a detail or two, and….bam!!
    The price makes me laugh, it’s so very far out of my league!

7. Caroline says:

There great!
    There is however a small voice in the back of my head ( my mothers large voice really) saying ” you know there are children starving in Africa”…
    It’s just crazy town for clogs…I wish I could though!

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

You hear that voice, too? My mom used starving children in India to try and guilt me into not shopping. It obviously didn’t work.

• Caroline says:

Ha! Not so well here either….
        When my mom notices me wearing something new I do make a point of telling her it was on sale though…. Can’t stop myself…

These are so “Sven but special.” As if someone had taken the Scandinavian design ethos and blinded it up a bit. That’s what makes them perfect.

• farha bano says:

Sven but special for me is no. 6
      I’m also a lover of clogs but you know you can literally get custom Svens in almost any color or style.
      And no. 6 clogs are gorgeous and Swedish Hasbeens are pretty nice too.

9. Jennifer says:

I bought a crazy $$$ pair of Marant clogs from Barneys in the fall. More of a lift and with a gold buckle. I have worn them to death!!! More than got my $ per wear – also very comfortable!

10. Cola says:

Be still my clog loving heart. Lucky for my wallet they are already sold out in my size.

11. Michelle says:

Equally French-girl cool, perhaps?, yet infinitely more affordable: http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/product/15584-bosabo-compliba-noi-compliba

12. Dianne says:

Hmmmmm, maybe some DIY might work. Nail head studs anyone? Maybe inbetween the staples on regular clogs? The nail heads will pop, draw the eye away from the staples. It could work. Too bad I have zero talent with hammers.

13. sarah says:

But they’re a STEAL compared to the Rick Owens!

14. Jen says:

Did not think it could actually be done. NEVER once in my 41 years have I been tempted to purchase a pair of clogs. Not once. Even though, at 5’4″, I could use the height. I kind of just hate clogs. But I LOVE THESE. LOVE. I wish I could afford them because I’d buy them.

15. jacqueline says:

I think I am the lone dissenter. Never liked clogs and these don’t change my mind. The studs are nice, but I just can’t get over the shape.

16. Bella says:

Love IM, she gets all the details right and yet her styles are so simple. I would wear the crap out of these.

P.S. This is random, but thank you so much for not monetizing your links! I hate bloggers that try to make $$$ off of their readers’ outclicks.

• KimFrance says:

In the interest of full disclosure, Bella, I must tell you that I do monetize my links. Affiliate deals are one of the only ways bloggers can bring in any real money, but I set the bar quite high as far as what I include here—nothing gets in unless I’d like to own it myself. I also include plenty of indie retailers who aren’t part of any affiliate program and from whom I do not stand to earn a dime.

• Bella says:

I’m aware that you have the occasional ad, but I meant those r.style/shopstyle links that are ubiquitous these days.

17. Ilise says:

I get that these aren’t nearly as elegant, but they’re studded, not stapled, and they look great on: http://www.polyvore.com/cordani_zorba_black_leather_wooden/thing?id=76146958

18. gablesgirl says:

The MR posted these same clogs as well. Must be May Day clog day

19. Hannah says:

These are the typical shoes every old man wears here in Sweden in the summer. I can’t really see them any other way 😉

20. scr says:

These No.6 pewter clogs from Bird are the ones I cannot stop thinking about. Thoughts?