Sunday 17th December 2017

Cheap and chic of the week

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 12.19.43 PM

This boucle-style jacket is meant for spring, but I’d wear it right now with jeans and a dark long-sleeved tee for maximum pop effect.

Posted on February 27th, 2014 14 Comments

1. Monica M says:

I could seriously have an entire closet of things from Zara. This is perfect.

If I didn’t have such an aversion to patch pockets I would be totally down with this jacket. I did go to Zara for the first time a couple of days ago and was pleasantly surprised by the quality for the price. Bought two printed tops––prints are waaaaaay out of my comfort zone––and am very happy with both!

3. Jean says:

I would wear it with a gray heather long sleeve knit with beige skinny pants and a red scarf. Seriously.

4. Katie Lynn says:

Oh, my. If that sort of straight-cut coat/sweater looked good on me I wouldn’t be able to resist that purchase! I have too large of a chest for that. I’m going to go stalk men’s v-neck cardigans now. Seriously. They have great clearance and sale prices on cashmere and merino, and the size small is the perfect slouchy fit.

5. Lesa says:

This is the kind of thing I convince myself I’m going to wear, then it hangs in my closet. I think what doesn’t work on me are the boxy cut and the round neckline.

6. Debra says:

I look this jacket. I really need to start shopping at Zara.

7. Ann says:

I can’t hold my tongue on this one. This screams middle aged and dreary. Never. Truly not cute.

• Ann says:

Let me add, I’m a HUGE fan of your style Kim. I follow your blog daily and have purchased many items at your recommendation as I like your style so much. I think you need to stay away from Zara for a while until the dreary winter passes. Between this jacket and the jacket you posted the other day, I am thinking I don’t even want to step into Zara until next season.

8. Cara says:

Pretty, but I think this type of jacket makes me look matronly. The same for all the Chanel-ish jackets. I think they look best when worn a bit scruffed up and ironically by some one younger than me. On me, it would look “appropriate.”

9. LikesOfMe says:

I love the blanket stitch on the jacket. Also recently I have been noticing how flattering white is. The number of women I have seen wearing white shorts or trousers, who aren’t super thin, and yet the white looks better than I suspect black would (blasphemy!). So maybe the white and the blanket stitch would save this.

10. Daphne says:

Seems like an ideal Princess Week treat! I bought a very similar Chanel jacket in a secondhand store a couple of years ago; I turned 40 a few weeks ago, and about the only silver lining I’ve found so far is that I can finally wear it like a BOSS.

11. Charlotte says:

Cate Blanchett wears this jacket in Blue Jasmine.
    I saw it in Zara, the edging stitch detail is actually brown – unfortunately I agree with the comments above, its dreary.