Sunday 17th December 2017

Tattoo Thursday

Tribeca Mom  got her  first tattoo yesterday: a monogram of her son’s and husband’s first initials. It sits right on the inside of her left wrist, where it will peek out from underneath her Hermes Cape Cod watch, a genius reflection of her preppy/cool style. Nobody is a greater master of high/low dressing than Tribeca Mom, and when she showed up at at the desperately hip Williamsburg tattoo salon (Andrea and I came along for moral support) it was in an outfit I couldn’t stop marveling at. So simple, and yet enviably threw-it-together cool. It takes a lot to make purple leopard print sneakers work, readers, but I swear to you, they did.

*who actually has a name, Meredith Rollins, and does some first-rate blogging of her own.

tattothursday-mosaic

1. Rebecca Taylor 2. American Eagle 3. TenThousandThings 4. Zara 5. Zara 6. Gap

Posted on September 27th, 2013 9 Comments

1. Tamara says:

Hey Kim can we please get the links on that cute outfit? Specifically that fab black sweatshirt?

2. joannawnyc says:

I see that someone else has noted the genius of AE jeggings! I’m sure she looked fab irl.

3. Sara says:

I love the Tribeca Mom posts so very much.

“I like … that jacket.” (Seinfeld.)

So, jeggings. Hmm. I don’t know. I have a rule about when things look bad on the model. But, overall the outfit is cute and you were there in person, so.

I like the layout too, very clear.

5. Dianne says:

Jeggings with a long shirt are great. my uniform on weekends.
    I find jeggings more comfy than skinny jeans. But I only wear them with tunics, long tops, etc.

6. Dianne says:

Oh, and I had a charm holder in high school back in 1978! I but I still have too!

7. Corinne says:

I am obsessed with those sneakers! They are not available online or in stores. Anybody know anything? Reviews have them running small so I
    probably need an 8 1/2.

8. Shari says:

Great outfit. Love the bag. I envy anyone of a certain age who can wear the low rise AE stuff. I can’t and would love a reasonably priced (ie not J Brand) alternative.

I adore charm necklaces. I have one I made myself (I dabble in beading). It has a Swarovski sapphire bricolet for my son (September), a pearl drop for me (June) and a sterling Tree of LIfe charm. I have made one for my sister too.

Oh, and I just bought four shirts similar to the tshirt at ON.

9. Suz says:

Good lord – something to purchase at the gap. Now thats a shock. I dig the sneaks.

You know if you switched those out for Vans, this is sort of what I wear to work/daily. No charm holder though – I had one in the 80s.