Sunday 17th December 2017

Wednesday links

siouxie

• I’m not even one speck of a bit interested in tarot cards, but I do love this 80s themed set of them. (Flavorwire)
  • Today is the 50th Anniversary of the historic March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, and Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream” speech. The speech itself is rarely seen or read in full, as its copyright is—fascinatingly—not in the public domain but owned by the King family. But a lot of folks are shelling out to bring it to you today: check it out here;  CNN and MSNBC will air it as well. (Atlantic Wire, Slate)
  •  Subway vigilantism at its best. (The Frisky)
  • There will be a Liberty of London documentary. (PSFK)
  • Your morning sweet. (Laughing Squid)

Posted on August 28th, 2013 7 Comments

1. blackbird says:

We need that sign on the LIRR too, I’m afraid.

Am I the only person in the world who thinks it is inappropriate to do one’s make-up on the train? I ask you.

• KimFrance says:

I try to cut people slack with makeup, figuring they’re probably running out of the house, busy with kids, etc. And I EVEN have tried to make my peace with people eating on the subway, for the same reason. But yesterday, there was a woman across from me who was eating french fries and an ice cream cone *at the same time* and that just seemed egregious.

2. Shari says:

All hail Siouxsie!

3. tamara says:

kim…if you want a great giggle, check out the pinterest board “Quinoa my imaginary well dressed daughter” by tiffany berveridge. some of her posts are so funny you can’t get them out of your head!

4. RebeccaNYC says:

Ah…the deer at Nara are amazing! And they really do this! It’s weird and wonderful all the same time. They’re sort of tame….something to see if you are ever near Tokyo.

5. jacqueline says:

So excited to hear about the Liberty of London documentary!!!!!! Sorry multiple exclamation points are in order. Hope it’s easy to get a hold of.