Friday 18th August 2017

Heat styling

Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 6.17.38 PM

I would argue that come summertime, the perma-wrinkled white button-down is just as appealing as its crisp and freshly-ironed sister, in large part because it just makes good practical sense to proactively factor in the rumpled effect before the weather even gets an opportunity to ruin your look. And how cute is that little heart on the pocket? Normally I’d find a detail like this way too dear, but the shape is so winningly casual and dashed-off, almost like somebody drew it on with a wee Sharpie.

Tags: ,
Posted on July 30th, 2013 10 Comments

1. Lisa says:

That shirt’s brilliant. I wish they had the little heart on all their stuff:). Kind of like Comme des Garçons Play, only less fierce.

2. Angela says:

My Lands End shirt looks like that if I leave it on my bedroom floor for a few days. I don’t need to pay $200 for the look!

I bought this shirt a couple of months ago in the red flowered version. The fit is fantastic––most button down type shirts are boxy and make me look like a square peg, but this one bends and curves and makes me HAPPY! I don’t wear anything with patch pockets, but this shirt is my exception. Interestingly, I did NOT buy the white version because the patch pockets show and, alas, because of the heart. (I am petite and when wear something “cute” –like a heart on my pocket–I look vile)

4. Melissa says:

Love the “secret wrinkle wash” listed in the web description of the shirt-ha!!

From the looks of some of my laundry, I’ve divined that secret (or one very similar). Now if only somebody as messy as I am could justify spending that much money on a white shirt. Sigh.

5. Jenny says:

Once again, love the item, can’t quite get my head around the price point. I’m eyeing an Everlane men’s poplin and a sharpie instead. I know that one perfect shirt is worth 4 imperfect ones… and yet, I just can’t make the leap.

6. AmyM says:

I just can’t do whit shirts. Crisp, wrinkled, or otherwise. I envy those who can.

7. Sara says:

I’m very tempted. I love button downs in theory, but they don’t usually look good on me. I’m small and short waisted, so traditional button downs look sloppy on me. These seem more cropped and fitted, so they may work for me.