Sunday 17th December 2017

Little biggie, big pretty

chunky cherry

As I have noted before, I like myself a nice chubby-style lip pencil for summer. And especially one that allows me to get away with a poppy, bright-ish pink—so fun in summer—even though that’s not typically the most flattering tone on me. This one is called Chunky Cherry, which is rather great, as is the fact that it’s both super-moisturizing and not too shiny, two things that almost never happen in the same lippy at the same time.

Posted on July 29th, 2013 11 Comments

1. Kate says:

I like! I recently realized that I no longer own any wearable lip color. I’ve been thinking that I need a little something, but not too much. These chubby sticks will be perfect. Thank you.

2. ljchicago says:

Cover Girl makes a similar product and it’s great. It’s half the price of the Clinique one so you can get a few for not too much money.

• farah bano says:

What’s the Cover Girl version called?
      I was a fan of Revlon lip butter but end up
      going back to MAC for lipsticks in general.

• Andrea says:

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm. It’s a $7 lip crayon that comes in 23 shades and is 3.8g of product (vs 3g for Clinique)

3. kim | howtolovethisworld.com says:

Oh, yes. Shopping for the perfect pink right now. Off to Sephora!

4. Sara says:

I wanted to love these. I went to the Clinique counter as soon as they came out and sampled all the shades, but none of them are richly pigmented enough for my skin, they look like clear chapstick on me. I have much better
    luck with Nars and buy their velvet matte lip pencils by the fistful.

• Maria says:

Sara, Clinique came out with new colors with more pigment (Clinique Chubby Stick Intense) – they have a lot more color, and are very nice.

5. jhops says:

I bought this very shade a while back, and it’s a new favorite. Also, just for comparison I found the similar Cover Girl version much drier. A hardly-scientific study, I freely admit. 🙂

6. maggie says:

Clinique — Two Ton Tomato –perfect red; Bountiful Blush perfect neutral (at least for me). Tried the Cover Girl — a little too much like a lipstain and too dry.