Sunday 17th December 2017

Cheap and chic of the week

zarasandal

I know, enough with the Zara already. But I have seen pretty much precisely these sandals at three times the price—wouldn’t it be terribly wrong not to share that with you?

Tags: , ,
Posted on May 31st, 2013 8 Comments

1. Mavjen says:

Thanks for posting, these are great sandals. Zara is one of my favorite retailers, so I will never tire of your Zara rec’s.

• KimFrance says:

Also, they’re one of the retailers to recently agree to clean up their act via underpaid workers in dangerous factories (as did H&M—American companies are running *woefully* behind on this) which makes me feel OK about being so partial.

• Mavjen says:

Ok, this made me feel less shopper remorse for just purchasing 2 pairs of their skorts (black & ecru), lol. I agree that the US companies have got to step up, how do you not?

• Viajera says:

That’s wonderful news! From what I’ve heard, being decent and maybe someday, even kind, won’t actually add that much to the price of clothing, and even if it did, we could just buy fewer things. It’s the right thing to do, and we have to help the stores be brave enough to do it.

Plus, I don’t know about the rest of you, but it takes me a while to try new things. The local Forth and Towne pretty much closed right after I found out it existed, and it had been there in Century City for about eighteen months, IIRC. I think Gap quit on it way too soon. So, keep talking about things you like, whenever.

2. Liz says:

I’m so intrigued by Zara. We don’t have a store in Seattle yet, and on the website the clothes always seem to hang so loosely and unflatteringly on their skinny models. I wonder what they look like on non-model figures. But I love these sandals. I wish I didn’t have crazy bunions so I could wear them.

3. Sara says:

Zara annoys me. I love the shoes and every single time I try them they rip my feet up. Sigh. Stop tempting me Zara!

4. Bella says:

I’ve heard that these sandals are super uncomfortable. Too bad, because they’re really cute and that nude leather will go with everything.

5. Tamara says:

Yeah, I went for it. Praying they’re comfortable because I love them…and what kind of crazy price is that???