Friday 22nd September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

Friday links

kisshellokitty

• Kiss and Hello Kitty are collaborating on a cartoon show.  (Time)
  • Behold, thirty whole seconds of Michael Douglas as Liberace. (EW)
  • I love this story—and the accompanying video—about the Ebony fashion fair, which was run by Eunice Johnson, whose husband founded Ebony and Jet magazines, and who loved the haute couture, and about whom I knew nothing. Johnson went to Europe and bought dresses right off the runway for the fair, which traveled annually across America to 170 cities until the year before her death, and which is currently the subject of an exhibition at the Chicago History Museum. (Crain’s Chicago Business)
  • Shine on, Willie Nelson. (Texas Monthly)
  • Friday Night Lights author Buzz Bissinger, who as you might recall outed himself as a compulsive shopper in a very strange and sad GQ piece earlier this week, has checked into rehab. Clear eyes, strong hearts,  Buzz. (Today)
Posted on March 29th, 2013 6 Comments

1. lori says:

We love Willie here in Ausitn, and not just for his music!

2. cynthia kling says:

Good luck Buzz, you will make it b/c you are doing exactly the right thing. Everybody should take note and as we move into this second half, have to courage to do what we need to do to stay fully present in this life.

I saw part of an exhibit about the Ebony fashion shows right here in LA, at the good ol’ Beverly Center, a while back. The clothes were gorgeous!!! I wanted to see more. They were colorful and showy and everything that was good about the 70s. (I think what I saw were 70s pieces … ) I bet that’s a great show in Chi-town.

4. Daphne says:

I think I love Willie Nelson if I didn’t before. Hello Kitty and KISS? That just, seems wrong to me. If I had kids, KISS is not the first band that comes to mind listen to. I am dying to know what KISS fans think of this.

5. Lyn says:

Love Willie.

6. sugarleg says:

thanks for the link about the Ebony Fashion Fair exhibition at the Chicago History Museum! my mom was a model in the Fashion Fair, and was on the cover of Jet, Oct 27, 1966. I am going to tell her about the show, and hopefully we can haul ourselves to see it before next January. she gave me her fashion gene 😉