Wednesday 29th March 2017
- Do watch this way-out 1968 commercial for Braniff airlines starring Andy Warhol and Sonny Liston. There’s another, possibly even more priceless one featuring Salvador Dali and baseball legend Whitey Ford. Seriously. You can’t even believe you’re looking at something real. (Voices of East Anglia)
- A day in the life of New York city, in under four minutes.(Kottke)
- Playing with your food can be pretty. (Flavorwire)
- This story about the cult of the mango in Mao’s China is downright trippy. (Collector’s Weekly)
- And for the Viva Las 90s files: One of the movies people are all excited about down at South by Southwest this week is The Punk Singer, a documentary about trailblazing Riot Grrrl Kathleen Hanna, who fronted two great bands, Bikini Kill and Le Tigre, and then dropped out of public life in 2005. (EW)
Comments are closed.