Sunday 25th June 2017

Would you?

Screen shot 2013-02-26 at 6.16.22 PM

Because even though I’m not so big on flats,  and even though they’d be a royal pain at airport security, I totally might.

Screen shot 2013-02-26 at 7.23.27 PM

Stud details can be fun on occasion, although at this point I prefer them in less punky or  tough girl iterations, like this cardigan.

Screen shot 2013-02-26 at 7.24.31 PM

What a wee little sprinkling of chic this bit of ornamentation is on what would otherwise be kind of a standard-issue weekender.

Posted on February 26th, 2013 20 Comments

1. Cate says:

You’ve intrigued me. I’m totally feeling the updated-80s-ish of them

2. déjà pseu says:

I adore pointed-toe flats, but am keeping my powder dry until I’ve seen more Spring/Summer inventory.

3. Marci says:

Totally count me in…my credit card is at the starting line!

4. Jill says:

Totally would. I like pointy-toed flats better than ballerinas. And I never mind a bit of bling. 🙂

5. Violet says:

I’m on the other side from previous commenters – the flats are too pointy. Otherwise I like all three items, especially the cardi.

6. b. says:

why wouldn’t you? studs for all!

7. Sarah says:

I have a well travelled pair of studded flats-they have caused no trouble at security at all!

8. Sue says:

Oh yeah. Studs on leather are a weakness of mine. Big time. I am a child of the 80s, what can I say. Just wish those flats were sort of a rounded toe low wedge. I would buy 12 of those.

9. crackerjackheart says:

I had a pair of flats very very similar to those in 1988. I’d wear them again though. I’m down with pointy flats, though I holding out for bright summer colors.

10. AmyM says:

LOVE the flats. I had a similar pair in a past life, but I would definitely give them another go.

11. daisyj says:

I have no reasons.

12. Sharon says:

I have some studded flats that I wear all the time. Constantly. People are tired of seeing them. Often it’s the only ornamentation in my outfit. I love them. Obviously.

Not sure how comfortable studded clothing would be.

Studded flats…yes. Pointy toes…no.

Studded cardi..yes.

Studded weekender would be a yes except I don’t like brown handles on black purses/bags. Just my own little dweeby thing.

14. Liz says:

The shoes are simple yet fun. They can be dressed up or down. I want them.

15. diane says:

i don’t know, i think old school loafers are the new flat and the stud thing has been done to bits from high end 3 seasons ago to on sale at fast fashion, so for me, loafers for spring, anybody want to start the trend with me? D

16. Nina Forrest says:

I love these shoes because I wear only flats. But I don’t know if the pointy toe would work for me.

17. jhops says:

Love the shoes & bag. Not feeling the cardigan/jacket — maybe if I saw it on a body?

I had a studded belt a few years ago that I lived in. Sending it through the scanner never caused a problem at airports. Can’t imagine trying to walk through with it on, though. That’d probably get you a cavity search for your troubles.

The shoes are acceptable, though gold studs might have looked more disco, which in my book is good. And in other colors. I adore pointy toes, though I am also starting to like round ones.

The other two items don’t wow me, but they might look nice on.

19. Maggie says:

Wow! I have a pair of black “suede” pointy toed flats that were from a Sigurson Morrison capsule collection for Target 3 maybe 4 years ago. Words are inadequate: how much I love them; how many complements I get when I wear them; how I wear them with anything and everything ( within reason), bare legs/tights, dresses, skirts,pants/skinny jeans.
    Needless to say, I ration their use but they are totally well made. I love them. I only wish that I’d bought them in purple too (any other color)!
    In any case, do it. They’ll make you happy. I’ll send you a pic if you’d like. They are brilliant!

20. SRF says:

I love the shoes… and the travel bag. The cardigan, not so much… a good stud is hard to find.