Sunday 25th June 2017

Crazy or cute?

Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 10.09.58 AM

Part of me thinks these look like a very bad little boy went to town with a Sharpie on mommy’s best snake print shoes.

Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 6.48.19 PM

And part of me thinks they’re the kind of crazy that somehow, oddly, works. Thoughts?

Tags: , , ,
Posted on January 30th, 2013 19 Comments

1. Carrie says:

I kind of like them. On someone else. I’m not an animal print fan but these are oddly fascinating.

2. AmyM says:

I don’t think you’ve had a Crazy or Cute footwear choice that I haven’t loved. So, yes — CUTE! Especially the flats.

3. Katie Lynn says:

I’ll go with option number 3: crazy cute. Especially the heels. I think with such a classic silhouette to the shoe you can totally get away with such a crazy pattern.

4. Shirim says:

Yes to those flats – as in yes CUTE!

5. DWJ says:

I love the flats more than the heels but I also prefer anything with color. I’d totally wear them both. If they seem to scary, try them on with jeans and it will instantly tone the wildness down.

• Violet says:

Yes, I agree the flats would look great with jeans. I think the pumps would, too but I’m not comletely sure.

I love the shape of the pumps – I want them in black leather!

6. SRF says:

Love love love the heels.

7. Jill says:

I’m not a fan. I like my color, my animal prints, and my snake prints – but not mixed together.

8. Jamie says:

I think the print works for the flats, not so much the heels. Maybe it’s because with have three snakeskin patterns and polka dots it’s obvious the flats aren’t trying to look realistic. The heels look cheap in my opinion, certainly not worth the price tag. Though if you have your heart set on them, I’m sure you could find dead ringers for a fraction of the price.

9. Flora says:

I love those flats! Then again, I owned a pair of faux snakeskin flats in bright pink/purple/dark blue. Great with solids or jeans. The heels are kind of meh for me.

10. Liz says:

The flats are great and would go with everything.

11. daisyj says:

As shoes: Entirely cute (esp. the flats).
    As pants: Utterly crazy.
    As wallpaper: Will you adopt me?

Both pair seem to be trying too hard. Not for me, but I wouldn’t think someone wearing them was crazy.

13. Crazy cute!! Love them both, in a very serious way.

14. Sue says:

Hmm….I kinda like em. And those heels I am pretty sure I had something similar in the 80s in highschool …its the heel and rounded toe. I miss those shoes ….

Might be cute with a minimal outfit of solids – very much Spring peeking out from winter in feeling. I woul go for the flats over the heel these days. Very jeans friendly

*I am not going to ruin it by looking at the price tag

15. Katie says:

Love the flats. When I saw the tags, I had my fingers crossed that they were madewell, but alas, no. Ordered them anyway!

16. Lorimac says:

OK, I looked at this post yesterday and thought, “Hmmph, painted snakeskin shoes.” Then I went home and found two catalogs (one was a fancy shoe catalog, and one was the spring Lands End) which both featured brightly colored snakeskin/lizard shoes, and a magazine which featured the same kind of shoes in an article about what to wear with the new spring trend of brightly colored jeans and crops. SO, clearly, Ms. Kim is on base, trend-wise. I am still thinking, “Hmmph, painted snakeskin shoes” but at least now I know I should be thinking, “Wow! Painted snakeskin shoes!” Just needed to say that……

17. Caroline says:

I love both. Style question–since Kim and all the commenters know much better than I do: can I wear the heels with black tights and a black dress?(That’s pretty much my uniform.) Or is it weird with the brown/black? Or just a weird look in general?

18. Vera says:

LOVE the crazy snakeskin pattern and colors, but the flats look like they will expose toe-cleavage which, in my opinion, is deeply wrong.