Sunday 25th June 2017

Morning links

• It’s always something, indeed. (Gawker)
  • I love when professional athletes get all cute like this. (Deadspin)
  • And you thought your ex-boyfriends were the worst. (Sidebar of shame)
  • It’s never too late to get the early word on season two of Girls. (SplitSider)
  • Must to bookmark: Double Take, a new blog on the New Yorker’s website devoted to pieces from the magazine’s archives. First up: Mavis Gallant’s 1968 account of the Paris student uprisings, introduced by the magazine’s fiction editor, Deborah Treisman.
Posted on November 28th, 2012 7 Comments

1. Sharon says:

Very sad about Gilda’s Club name.

2. carmencatalina says:

I have to say some of the comments on the Gilda’s Club article are beyond excellent. My favorite:

“Christmas” will rebranded as “LOL Poor people working for $11/hr on a holiday” day, to avoid confusion.

3. I can’t even with Gilda’s Club. They’re CHANGING THE NAME??? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

4. Leah S. says:

It IS the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever heard– and there is a petition we can sign to stop this madness, and I just signed it.
    By their logic, we should re-name Reagan Int’l Airport, what, Beiber Airport… arghhh.

• Viajera says:

Leah, you’re a better person than me. I am too grumpy to sign. Do I have to sign a petition every time someone does something stupid like this??? Where will we find the time?

Plus, you would think, hey, what’s good for people’s health? That’s right … laughing is… hmm, I wonder if there’s some way we could combine these two things …

I am really worried about these young kids today.

• Leah S. says:

Yes I understand, it’s just a way for me to channel my grumpiness… hey, with the power of the internets, you never know what good all we grump people can do!

5. Claudia says:

Happy to report that Gilda’s Club Chicago will be keeping their current name.