Sunday 25th June 2017

Good on you, Katie

Nobody puts Joey Potter in the corner

Divorce isn’t something to be celebrated, but freedom from a life of feeling trapped certainly is, so congratulations on finding your way to the door. And also for getting away from that weirdass husband  keeping tabs on your every move, and, of course, saying goodbye to all of this lunacy, which—aside from being wicked creepy—must have just have gotten really, really tedious.

Posted on June 29th, 2012 14 Comments

1. Kim | howtolovethisworld.com says:

I was so oddly weirded out when the whole thing started 5 years ago, and SO relieved today. It just never seemed right. My husband has a theory that when people get too famous the go insane because they are allowed to live in their own little world with no one contradicting them, EVER—and Mr. Cruise appears to be a fine example of that theory.

2. Maggie says:

I hope she gets to keep Suri. Nicole had to give up her own kids with him. Weirdness indeed.

3. déjà pseu says:

Run, Katie, run.

4. muranogirl says:

In Rob Lowe’s memoir, Stories I Only Tell My Friends, (beautifully written by the way) he describes Cruise’s incredible intensity as a young man when they filmed The Outsiders.
    Those traits are often compounded and exacerbated as we age. Poor Katie! So happy she is finally free!!

5. PhotoGirl says:

Well it’s about damn time. Don’t look back, Katie!

6. Tom Cruise is the worst and most dangerous kind of person: so dumb he doesn’t know he’s dumb. That, coupled with his exceptional sense of arrogance, makes him one of the most loathesome figures in entertainment.

7. Heather says:

Well, I really am not the least bit interested in celebrity couples but I have to say that I felt–using the same word as Kim–relieved when I heard this. She really seems to have her own spark and it was all but put out. Well, done Katie and now on to better and brighter things…

8. fashionmom says:

A friend noted that all of his wives left at 33, and I often wonder about the Scientology thing. Go Katie.

9. Carol says:

I was surprised when they married due to the Scientology – but at the time I believe Katie did not embrace it at all. Now that Suri is a little older perhaps Katie started to realize the dangers of a cult for young childen to be involved in. I hope some of Katie’s spark returns; she is beautiful and talented.

10. Eve says:

Ugh, who cares about these crazy heads?!

Adele is pregnant. Awwwwwwwwww! <3

11. lormac says:

Loved her in “Pieces of April.” (Still the perfect Thanksgiving movie, if there is such a thing…) She was funny, poignant and charming in that film, and I was looking forward to seeing more of her in other indie type films. Maybe now we will!

• Viajera says:

She was also good in this indie-ish thing called “Abandon,” or something like that. It’s a scary movie, but she was good.

• lormac says:

Yeah, she was once an indie darling, and then she up and married a superstar! I think the fact that she has been doing serious Broadway plays on and off shows her heart is not in the Batman franchise!

12. Flowers says:

There was a t-shirt going around in Australia after their marriage with the caption: FREE KATIE