Friday 18th August 2017

White shoes you don’t have to worry about destroying

So this girl Jessica who waxed my eyebrows this morning was wearing these cute sneaker/espadrille things. So easy and summery. But tragically ill-equipped for dingy Manhattan streets.

Not to worry! As it turns out they are from K Mart, and cost a mere $6.79. Wear them to death and then move on to the next. Sort of like what this lady does, but on a rather more modest scale.

Tags: , ,
Posted on May 30th, 2012 9 Comments

1. mslewis says:

Well, I tried wearing those shoes but they KILLED my feet!! There is zero support and they are like walking barefoot on the sidewalk. Really awful.

2. halcyon says:

What a wasteful idea.

3. Leah says:

what a great idea! I used to wear keds in the 90s and keep them super white with shoe polish!

4. Dede McLane says:

They are adorable, but alas, no shoes are allowed to destroy my feet. My stint in NY was spent in custom suits from Milan (or Max Mara – the Ann Taylor equivalent). Still, I sported running shoes for my walk through Central Park to work. And comfy lowish heels after passing through the doors of 399 Park. Now, at a Certain Age plus…I actually get complements on my perfect toes! My feet are one the few things I still feel sexy about.
    Though the k-mart espadrilles would be perfect for the beach.

5. kimberly says:

I used to wear those exact shoes in jr. high/high school (I’m 34 now)…and I’m pretty sure they were from Kmart. I think they were $4 back then, so the price seems about right for all these years later 🙂

6. lw says:

Hmm. I got my black ones at Payless Shoe Source, and really liked ’em (my Bensimon Ballerines wore out and don’t appear to be made in black any longer, I’m so sad). But then I saw a photo of me in them and felt I looked like an old lady. So thanks for this post, maybe I’ll give ’em a try again.

7. Carrie says:

I die. My grandma wore these shoes from the time I was in late elementary until after I graduated high school. Which was probably around the time KMart left the town she lives in. I’m fairly certain I had these in a few different colors in Jr. High. They were not kind to my wide feet!

8. Lyn says:

Oh yes, I wore these in jr high (while reading sassy), and I just picked up a pair of the taupe ones last month! I actually glittered them a bit, still understated w/the taupe, but a little shimmery too. I’ll be getting these again!

9. Candy says:

Considering she’s getting them custom made you’d think Anna would ask Mr. Blahniks to design her sandals so her pinky toes don’t hang out the side and drag on the sidewalk.